The Mission to Seafarers helps the 1.5 million people in the UK and around the world who work at sea, in over 200 ports and 50 countries.
We’re available 365 days a year, providing the practical, emotional and spiritual help these brave sea men and women need to carry out their work, while living away from their loved ones for months at a time.
This wouldn’t be possible without the support of various Charitable Trusts and Foundations, who provide a substantial amount of our voluntary income.
In recent years, Charitable Trusts and Foundations have helped us to:
- Replace cars and minibuses – which help seafarers get from isolated ports to towns and local amenities
- Recruit and train new volunteers
- Set up new Seafarers Centres
- Meet the costs of running existing Seafarers Centres around the world
- Help us launch new innovative projects such as “Chat to a Chaplain” – our 24 hour online digital chaplaincy service
We’re grateful for all the financial support we receive and are asking you to join the many Trusts and Foundations who back our work.
In return, we provide regular updates on specific projects and the direct impact of your support on our work. We’re committed to ensuring that everyone who works with us knows how their help is benefitting the lives of seafarers.
The Mission would like to thank all of our funders, large and small, including:
- Seafarers UK
- International Transport Workers’ Federation Seafarer’s Trust
- TK Foundation
- Merchant Navy Welfare Board
And many others.
If you are a Trustee, or have links to a Charitable Trust, and would like to find out more about our work, or specific projects you may wish to support, please contact our Trusts Executive, Rob Fellows on Rob.Fellows@missiontoseafarers.org.