History

Our History

For more than 150 years The Mission to Seafarers has brought compassion and care to seafarers in desperate need around the world.

2000

We changed our name to the Mission to Seafarers.

1985

We appointed our first chaplain.

1968

We moved to St Michael Paternoster Royal which was opened by HRH The Duke of Edinburgh, on 19 December 1968.

1856

The Mission to Seaman was created, bringing together several Anglican ministries in one organisation, including the Bristol Channel Mission.

1836

Our founder, John Ashley set up the Bristol Channel Mission.

Sign up to our Newsletter
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.