End: 24th June 2021, 17:00:00
In partnership with The Mission to Seafarers, the National Maritime Museum is pleased to invite you to All at Sea – Seafarer Wellbeing and Mental Health; Past, Present and Future – a free, one-day online conference on Thursday 24 June.
The conference brings together a unique blend of industry leaders, international NGO’s, historians and academics to celebrate seafarers in the crisis of the current global pandemic. The Museum’s many stories will reveal how physically and mentally challenging working at sea has always been. We will draw on our vast maritime collections to help understand the present and inform a safer future at sea whilst also ensuring the characters of the women and men who work in the industry shine through these difficult days.
Hosted by our Director, Paddy Rodgers, we are delighted to announce our speakers including:
- Esben Poulsson, President of the International Chamber of Shipping
- Julian Clark, Senior Partner at Ince Group
- Dr Helen Simpson of Cardiff University
- Graham Westgarth, Vice-President of UK Chamber of Shipping, Chairman V group
- Professor Neil Greenberg, Kings College London, Professor of Defence mental health and Managing
Director of March on Stress
- The Revd Canon Andrew Wright, Sec Gen to The Mission to Seafarers and Chairman of ICMA
- Dr Hannah Stockton, Cutty Sark Fellow and Curator at the National Maritime Museum
To register for All at Sea please click here.
This conference is presented in partnership with The Mission to Seafarers and our thanks go to Grimaldi Group for their generous sponsorship. We also wish to thank the Lloyd’s Register Foundation for their generous support for the Lloyd’s Register Foundation Public Curator: Contemporary Maritime at the National Maritime Museum.
Photo credit: Fallen, Cezar Gabriel.